Dear members,

you may have the same problem: the only way I can remember things is by
having some *context*. How such a context is created depends on how people
actually think. You may recall a person via a place where you met before.
Or a time frame combined with a place. And emotions, maybe. Probably the
most popular scheme for creating a context is *classification*. People tend
to create "boxes" for things because they need some context (of course, to
be able to rule those things later, but it is a different story). What are
we forced to use in the IT world are *folders* and *tags*. Folders allow
for creating a *hierarchy*, but don't allow to have a thing (a tiddler) to
be in more than one folder at the same time - *just one context only*. Tags
on the other hand are *flat* in structure, but allow for *more than one
context*. Tiddlywiki allows for a combination: *tags hierarchy*. Great! So
I developed a system of tags that helps me recall things quickly. Just to
show you what I mean by a "system of tags":

1. Data format

1.1 Image

1.2 Webpage

1.3 Video

1.4  ...

2. Message form

2.1 Report

2.2 Tutorial

2.3 Overview

2.4 Promo

3. Topic

3.1 Business

 3.1.1 Marketing

3.1.1.1 Content marketing

3.1.1.2 SEO

3.1.2 Trading

3.1.2.1 Stock

3.1.2.2 Cryptocurrency

3.2 Art

3.2.1 Visual

3.2.1.1 Typography

3.2.1.2 Photography

3.2.1.3 Drawing

3.2.1.4 Architecture

3.2.2 Performing

3.2.2.1 Music

3.2.2.2 Movie

4. Subject

4.1 TiddlyWiki

4.2 Cisco

4.3 Donald Trump

4.4 ...

What I created is a kind of faceted classification
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faceted_classification>. Let me describe my
ideal workflow, now:

Say I came across an interesting post on Medium: *How to write something
that people like to read. * I decided to save it into my TiddlyWiki. With
Tiddlyclip I created new tiddler and added some tags, too: ["Webpage",
"Tutorial", "Content marketing","Typography"].

A few weeks later I am writing a blog post to support my business, but I
don't know how to write an interesting copy. Is there anything interesting
in my TiddlyWiki? Let's have a look: First I would type "marketing" into
the *search bar*. Next I want to narrow the fulltext search output to
categories, so I choose "*show me tags only"*. By clicking on a "Marketing"
keyword it will be added to the *search filter*. Now I have a *list of
filtered tiddlers* from the Marketing *category *and all *subcategories*.
Beside the list of tiddlers there is a *list of related tags.* What if I
want to narrow my search again? I just click on "Tutorial" (from the
related tags list) to add the tag to the filter. There are now two tags
with a logical AND operator. If my list of tiddlers is still too long, I
may narrow it again by choosing "Content marketing". Voila, my article is
there! ;)

Do you think it is feasible to create something like this? Something what
Amazon has on his pages - a faceted search. Sorry for my complicated
description.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/22ef3f12-a420-4e6d-9157-865069bed28c%40googlegroups.com.