Brady,

I always agree we need to keep it clear and simple. GenTags helps with that
but a little more css to delineate the different tag equivalents could help.

Perhaps later I can elaborate in more depth, but the difference between
"category", "subject", "keyword" is in some ways what you want them to be
but if you use different solutions, databases and software you get a feel
for how these differ. But in the list we must include tags.

   - Tags = freely attach one or more tags but often used make multiple
   sets of things by sharing the same tag eg; giftidea or urgent usualy
   optional
   - Categories = more often than not something, can belong to one of a set
   of categories, though multiple are possible, often we want each tiddler to
   have "a" category
   - Subject = Perhaps a large set of items organised into a limited set of
   subjects eg; html css javascript
   - key words = an almost random set of words that are applied to a
   specific tiddler to add additional words, not in the text already to aid
   searching. Zero, one or more keywords typical and need not occur on other
   tiddlers.
   - Others that come to mind is
   - Domain like Work, Personal, Family - a limited set of large groupings
   to divide the whole content into say 3 domains.
   - Status = New Workinprogress closed ... However I have designed a
   "solution" recently that derives the status from other information rather
   than tagging items with a status.

The thing is we are a talking about knowledge and Information management
and there are many ways to meet the same objective, but if we think hard
enough we can find the better ways, ways that are often intuitive to users,
because of there own lived experience of organising things.

In tiddlywiki we usually use tags to do all of the above but this can
become overwhelming and it is not always easy to separate a category from a
keyword, or status.

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/6ac91a24-bdb2-4879-aa3e-eea8163b31ce%40googlegroups.com.