Two comments, I think are important:

On 2010-11-16 13:01, Roger Larsson wrote:
> Code quality
> - TinyOS, I am not convinced...
>    It is quite difficult to write source that makes good use of existing
> interfaces,
>    while avoiding taking shortcuts to platform modules.
> - Contiki, have not seen enough to judge it yet...
>   (but what I have seen is a bit below my expectations)

I do agree, that the code quality of TinyOS ist better (IMO not as good
as Nut/OS, though). TinyOS is much more towards industrial solutions
then Contiki. Therefore Code quality is more important then in pure
research, where one doesn't mind if something crashes after the
measurements were made (This isn't nice, but that's the way it is). As
more and more people use Contiki the code quality is getting better, though.

> Developer Tools
> - TinyOS, on two foots - is its main tools Java or Python?
>    (my guess: was java, now moving towards Python - or?)
> - Contiki, Cooja simulator is really great - once you understand that you
>    should use it. Have not seen enough to judge other parts yet...

COOJA can be used for TinyOS, too. It's just closely bound to Contiki.
It has some extra features, which can be accessed through Contiki. I
don't see a problem adding then to TinyOS, though.

Morty

--
Dipl.-Ing. Moritz 'Morty' Struebe (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter)
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 4 (Verteilte Systeme und Betriebssysteme)

Tel   : +49 9131 85-25419
Fax   : +49 9131 85-28732
eMail : stru...@informatik.uni-erlangen.de
WWW   : http://www4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~morty