Question by Stephen W. Tuolski on 10/31/01:

> Okay Payam... I would need to see the data before making a conclusion, but
> it is it not also true (I may be wrong here) that in most businesses,
> part-timers make less (per unit) than their full-time equivalent?

My personal experience as a CPA is that I can demand up to twice my hourly
rate for part-time work.  In fact, as I attempt the transfer to academia,
I've increased my annual income while limiting my work hours to 20/week.
While my experience cannot be generalized, there is a strong trend for
business professionals to specialize.  Expertise in narrow niche markets
often present opportunities similar to my own.  Even within educational
ranks, the lack of respect for teaching expertise is unlikely to result in a
parallel pattern for adjuncts.

Peter A. Kindle
4722 Silverlake Dr.
Sugar Land, TX  77479