Larry Daily wrote:

> One of my colleagues here forwarded the attached image file to me and
> asked if I could explain why the dancer is sometimes seen as spinning
> to the left and sometimes to the right. I don't buy the left
> brain/right  explanation that came with it, but I have no real idea
> why it works. Can anyone help me out?
I suspect that it is the same kind of fatigue-prompted switching one
sees with the Necker Cube.
The laterality claim srtikes me as completely bogus.

Regards,
--

Christopher D. Green
Department of Psychology

416-736-2100 ex. 66164
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.yorku.ca/christo/

"Part of respecting another person is taking the time to criticise his
or her views."

   - Melissa Lane, in a /Guardian/ obituary for philosopher Peter Lipton