VERY nicely stated Beth. Thank you! And yes, Bill is owed a great debt
of gratitude from all of us and I, too, feel so badly for him to have
to deal with such unprofessional and childish nonsense. I support him
and the other professionals on this list fully (I think I have been on
for about 15 years).
Hopeful that someone will "get a life"; amazed that some pathology
results in being so oblivious; supportive of Bill.
Cheers,
-Steven

On Oct 21, 2009, at 10:03 AM, Beth Benoit wrote:

>  Ed et al.,
> (I refuse to post this in response to M.S.'s original subject heading,
> so I've changed the subject.) I agree with everything you've said.  I
> begged for eliminating M.S. last January - and before then as well.
>  Since January's debacle, I have refused to respond to any of his
> bizarre, often childish, sometimes hurtful posts.  No one on TIPS
> backed me up at that time, but I suspect that many just don't know how
> to address his posts.   Michael's recent threat to bring a lawsuit
> against Frostburg U. (which, of course, is the source of TIPS) when
> Bill posted that he was dealing with the latest M.S. infringement was
> almost the last straw for me, as it must have been for Bill.  I
> suspect that Bill's hands are tied without legal counsel.  Who needs
> it???  I don't doubt that Bill feels he doesn't need the grief.
>
> I feel for our Bill.  Bill posted that he was dealing with the "chick"
> name calling, and that is apparently what brought on the lawsuit
> threat.  I despair.  I suspect Bill does too.  We all owe Bill such a
> debt of gratitude for all he has done for almost two decades to keep
> this heretofore wonderful list going.  Thanks, Michael, for ruining
> it.  Bill must be so glad he's near retirement and can wash his hands
> of this list.
>
> I, too, am so ready to leave TIPS, after over SIXTEEN years.  Michael
> Sylvester has ruined it by posting idiotic, insulting, threatening,
> silly, childish posts which, sadly, sometimes take over TIPS because
> of wasted time responding to his nutty posts.  Anyone who challenges
> him is insulted.
>
> Nancy Melucci's suggestion (to just ignore Michael's posts) has fallen
> mostly on deaf ears, as have earlier suggestions with the same theme.
>
> I'm prepared for M.S.'s acidic responses to this post.  I can't begin
> to imagine what his motivation is to continue his clownishness.  I'm
> just glad I'm not in Bill's shoes.  I would have been heartbroken to
> have worked so hard to get a listserve of enthusiastic psychology
> instructors' ideas and ultimately been inundated with M.S.'s bizarre
> posts that challenge, and ruin, the spirit of TIPS.
>
> Please, Michael, say that you were just kidding, and are ready to
> enter TIPS posts in an academic, scholarly manner.  We await your
> sincere response.
>
> Beth Benoit
> Granite State College
> Plymouth State University
> New Hampshire
>
> ---
> To make changes to your subscription contact:
>
> Bill Southerly (bsouthe...@frostburg.edu)

Steven M. Specht, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
Chair, Department of Psychology
Utica College
Utica, NY 13502
(315) 792-3171

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of
comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and
controversy."
Martin Luther King Jr.