Hi

It is not clear what Mike thinks are "curious directions."  Most of the
was happening as "madness" and asking "what critical thinking lessons
psychologists will teach about this madness."  Perhaps it was not his intention
for us to focus on that aspect of his posting?

Take care
Jim

James M. Clark
Professor of Psychology
204-786-9757
204-774-4134 Fax
j.cl...@uwinnipeg.ca

>>> "Mike Palij" <m...@nyu.edu> 13-Sep-10 9:21:41 PM >>>
I started this thread several days ago with the post below which
focused on a Muslin family who had lost a family member on
9/11.  I felt it was necessary to remind people that many different
groups of people died that day and the current attempt by some
to "Christianize" 9/11 should make wonder why such a thing was
occurring.  The contributors to this thread has taken the discussion
in curious directions and I decided not to respond until now.  On
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 06:08:43 -0700, Mike Palij wrote:
>An article in the NY Times focuses on one family that deals with
>their grief over the loss of a father and husband in the 9/11 attack
>on the World Trade Center.  How they have dealth with the attack
>and the aftermath should give us and, if we share with our students,
>pause.  See:
> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/10/nyregion/10muslim.html?_r=1&th=&emc=th&pagewanted=all
>

>The fact that the family is Muslim would be incidental except for
>the recent madness manifesting itself in U.S. religious and political
>circles.  I wonder what critical thinking lessons psychologists will
>teach about this madness?

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=4793
or send a blank email to
leave-4793-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu