My take would be that "curious directions" are directions he perhaps
thinks are not worthwhile talking about.
And I agree most are related either directly or indirectly to the
"madness" aspect and what-can-we-learn/teach from it.
Including the stereotypes of muslims and christians.

But anyway, I don't think in a public forum like a listserv that a
poster can expect to exercise control over the discussion, no matter
what he/she thinks is the important point.

--Mike

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Jim Clark <j.cl...@uwinnipeg.ca> wrote:
> Hi
>
> It is not clear what Mike thinks are "curious directions."  Most of the
> what was happening as "madness" and asking "what critical thinking lessons
> psychologists will teach about this madness."  Perhaps it was not his
> intention for us to focus on that aspect of his posting?
>
> Take care
> Jim
>
> James M. Clark
> Professor of Psychology
> 204-786-9757
> 204-774-4134 Fax
> j.cl...@uwinnipeg.ca

> I started this thread several days ago with the post below which
> focused on a Muslin family who had lost a family member on
> 9/11.  I felt it was necessary to remind people that many different
> groups of people died that day and the current attempt by some
> to "Christianize" 9/11 should make wonder why such a thing was
> occurring.  The contributors to this thread has taken the discussion
> in curious directions and I decided not to respond until now.  On
> On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 06:08:43 -0700, Mike Palij wrote:
>>An article in the NY Times focuses on one family that deals with
>>their grief over the loss of a father and husband in the 9/11 attack
>>on the World Trade Center.  How they have dealth with the attack
>>and the aftermath should give us and, if we share with our students,
>>pause.  See:
>> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/10/nyregion/10muslim.html?_r=1&th=&emc=th&pagewanted=all
>>
>>The fact that the family is Muslim would be incidental except for
>>the recent madness manifesting itself in U.S. religious and political
>>circles.  I wonder what critical thinking lessons psychologists will
>>teach about this madness?
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to tips as: tipsl...@gmail.com.
> To unsubscribe click here: