Hi

Am I missing something ... what is there that requires explanation in terms of
Jungian constructs?  Children vary widely in their interests presumably for a
diverse array of biological and environmental factors.  Nothing mysterious or
mystical, unless one is looking for that sort of thing.

Jim

James M. Clark
Professor of Psychology
204-786-9757
204-774-4134 Fax
j.cl...@uwinnipeg.ca

>>> Michael Britt <mich...@thepsychfiles.com> 24-Oct-10 7:53 AM >>>
My 11 year old daughter has been interested in horses for a long time (unlike
her 11 year old brother, but that's an N of only 2) so not long ago I brought
her to a 4H horse farm.  I don't visit horse farms that often, but whenever I
do I notice that there seems to be a disproportionate number of young girls
taking lessons.  I mentioned this to a colleague and she agreed and interpreted
this in a vague Jungian-archetypal way.  I'm not too big on Jung, but I don't
have any other explanation.

Thoughts?

Michael

Michael Britt