Sorry, Mike, but I think that your definition "a set of suggested teaching
methods for adults who most likely are in a different stage of life and are
probably approaching their experience as a student with a different set of
expectations, goals and capabilities" is exactly what the belief in different
"styles of learning" is.  We can certainly agree to disagree, but until I see
evidence in support of either of these concepts, I'll pass.