Rick Froman writes:
>As to the snowball technique, it is quite common in qualitative studies
>where the “representativeness” of the sample is irrelevant...
>All that matters is that you correctly communicate the experience
>of those that end up in your sample...

and David Epstein:
>I want to emphasize that I greatly value qualitative research.
>Focus groups, interviews, and ethnographic immersion can
>provide knowledge you would never get from other approaches...
>You just need to write clearly about what you're doing--and
>speak up real loud if it's misrepresented in a press release or a
>spate of mass-media coverage.

Surely the fact that the researcher provided a full statistical analysis and
breakdown of his results means he is giving a spurious legitimacy to a study
that by its very nature is not representative of the relevant population.

Allen E.

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=24858
or send a blank email to
leave-24858-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu