On 2013-11-04, at 5:51 PM, rfro...@jbu.edu wrote:
> When you put in "women should", it starts to go negative. And what would you
> expect? What sentence that starts out saying that a whole class of humanity
> "should" or "shouldn't" do anything is going to end well?

If you do "men should" you don't get so many negative completions.

> For "psychology is", I got
>
> psychology is
>
> psychology is defined as
> psychology is the study of
> psychology is best defined as
> psychology is not a science
>
> Certainly there are some people who don't believe it is a science but I don't
> think 1/4 autocomplete recommendations is very disheartening. I would think
> someone was tampering with it if there was nothing negative at all.

There are some differences from person to person. I got
"is not a science"
"is bulls#/t"
"is the study of"
"is empirical"
"is useless"

One of my grad students says that he's figured out a way to access the backend
directly, so that it isn't tainted by personal tweaks. I'll let you know.

Best,
Chris
http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=29776
or send a blank email to