Two things- One, is everyone else getting a large blank space at the top of
their tips posts? Second- I'm appalled at my spelling of "appauled". :)
Tim

From: Tim Shearon [mailto:tshea...@collegeofidaho.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 1:43 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: RE: [tips] Google autocomplete & psychology

Carol
As an experiment I once did a google search for something I'd never searched
for before and never usually buy. I think it was something like toothpaste for
sensitive teeth. I had a separate tab open to facebook. When I went back to the
FB tab it was still showing the same ads as before (that was maybe 5 seconds).
I clicked on a link for a video (a further 5 seconds or so) and it opened as a
pop-up but said the video had been removed so I closed it- (now we are up to
maybe 20 seconds since the search. The ads had changed and included. . .
"Sensodyne".  I know they had adjusted my ads within a half minute. I was both
impressed and somewhat appauled.
Tim
Timothy O. Shearon, PhD
Professor and Chairperson, Department of Psychology
The College of Idaho
Caldwell, ID 83605
email: tshea...@collegeofidaho.edu<mailto:tshea...@collegeofidaho.edu>

teaching: intro to neuropsychology; psychopharmacology; general; history and
systems

"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." Dorothy Parker