Correct, AT&T U-Verse is an IPTV system and doesn't work with anything other
than their own STBs.  FiOS uses the same signalling as cable for their
normal channels (non-PPV/VOD) and thus works with CableCARD just like cable.

Charter is using SDV in some areas - like mine.  Tuning adapters aren't too
bad, but it will be nice to someday have a tru2way TiVo that doesn't need
them.

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 11:05, Glen Farney <[email protected]> wrote:

> Some quick research on my part reveiled that AT&T Uverse doesn't support
> cable cards anyway, which is my only option.  Verizon doesn't have anything
> here that I'm aware of, so I'm stuck with Charter for the time.  So far
> Charter has not resorted to switched video, so at least the cable cards get
> me full access to my channels without issues, and I could care less about
> PPV or the like (I have Amazon and Netflix for such needs).  If it ever
> becomes an issue, I can always put a cable box on the input to the TV
> itself, allowing me to use PPV when needed, and keeping Tivo happy with
> straight inputs.
>  Glen
>

-- 
[email protected] / [email protected] Geek, Gweep, Technophile, me.
www.GizmoLovers.com / www.MegaZone.org / www.Eyrie-Productions.com Hail Eris
Twitter.com/megazone / Facebook.com/megazone / www.LinkedIn.com/in/megazone
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 432-363-4296


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to