Larry wrote:
I have found that when tmda tries to send a confirmation notice I get the following error in the main exim_mainlog, not in tmda:

2006-01-13 21:37:19 Received from <> U=larrywyb P=local S=3385 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

2006-01-13 21:37:19 SMTP error from remote mail server after
RCPT TO:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: host smtp.central.cox.net [70.168.47.165]: 550 relaying mail to yahoo.com is not allowed

Either you've configure Exim to talk to one of Cox's inbound SMTP servers, rather than an outbound one (although the Mutt test indicates that isn't the case, assuming you're running Mutt on the same machine, injecting email onto that machine), *or* Cox is validating the email address you're sending from, and doesn't like it, because confirmation requests are sent from an address other than your based address (various extension fields are used to allow TMDA to correlate the responses to specific requests)

Or, something else I didn't think of!