Larry,

Have you taken a look at your default or personal confirmation templates?

[defaults on my system]
/usr/share/tmda/confirm_request.txt
/usr/share/tmda/confirm_accept.txt

[personal]
~/.tmda/templates/confirm_request.txt
~/.tmda/templates/confirm_accept.txt

These templates are used to generate the confirmation requests, acceptance,
and bounce messages.

Here's my system default confirm_request, note that the first line is the
from header and uses the recipient's address as the from address.

-=-=[begin confirm_request.txt]=-=-
From.US-ASCII: "%(FULLNAME)s" <%(recipient_address)s>
Subject.US-ASCII: Please confirm your message
Reply-To.US-ASCII: %(confirm_accept_address)s
BodyCharset: US-ASCII

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (TMDA).

Your message attached below is being held because the address
<%(confirm_append_address)s> has not been verified.

To release your message for delivery, please send an empty message
to the following address, or use your mailer's "Reply" feature.

   %(confirm_accept_address)s

This confirmation verifies that your message is legitimate and not
junk-mail. You should only have to confirm your address once.

If you do not respond to this confirmation request within
%(pending_lifetime)s,
your message will not be delivered.
-=-=[end confirm_request.txt]=-=-