2006.06.27: Research on Alternative Sources of Pluripotent Stem Cells, http://www.hhs.gov/asl/testify/t060627.html

This mentions "Puripotent Stem Cells from Nonviable Embryos" as one of the sources. I believe I heard Dr Kerr mention this as possible source for his research. I'll have to watch the video from the symposium (when it's ready) to be sure I heard that.

Jim

At 08:59 PM 7/24/2006, Vietzke wrote:
Jim, do you have a link that provides more information on the 2 other bills noted in your e-mail below?

Darian Vietzke
-----Original Message-----
From: Sandy Heidel [ mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2006 3:53 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; tmic-list@eskimo.com; Jim Lubin
Subject: Re: [TMIC] This I cant believe

Jim is absolutely right about the first stem cell bill killed in the house.  Those who voted against that bill should be ashamed of themselves.   I also know that there are some forms of stem cell research that DON'T GET PRESS or any amount of discussion.  Take cord blood stem cells.  Lets talk about that. How much chatter do we hear about the thousands of babies born each day whose life saving cells contained in the cord are discarded instead of being saved for research or better yet to cure that child of all kinds of nasty stuff as he/she grows.