> Not all stem cell research is the same. I am all for stem cell
> research that does not involve taking (what I consider) another life
> to improve my life.

Jim,

Imagine that because of all your rabel-rousing- Smoking and Boozing- that your
lungs and liver were dying.

In the same hospital was a person who was dying from some disease that had not
affected their lungs or liver.  This patient will die no matter what.  Your
doctor asks you if you would like a new lung and liver; she recommends the
operation.  Liver/lung transplants are fairly routine nowadays.  Your insurance
covers the surgery and subsequent medical care.

What is your answer???

Frank