Hi Stacy,

I'm so sorry that you have had such a negative experience with your friends,
and you are right, those are not *real* friends.  For me, comfort lies now
in speaking with other disabled people who share the same problems, like the
people here at this list, and some of the disabled that I have met in my
apartment complex.   It's as if I am understood, and here in my complex, my
disabled friends  do not expect me to indulge in activities that are too
physical for me.  They understand if I am too tired to visit, or too tired
to sit outside for very long periods of time, and never take offense---nor
do I.   Sometimes I sorely miss doing the things that I used to do, but know
that I have to adjust to the way that things are now.  It's a work in
progress.

Grace