From: Diane
Date: 3/24/2008 8:05:59 PM
To: Heather & Pieter;  Robert Pall;  jrushton;  Gerry Surette;
tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [TMIC] It's okay...

My two cents...........I agree.  It's OK to have the pity party.  I have a
recipe that never fails me in trying times.  I sit where I can see a clock
and I give myself 15 minutes to cry, rant or scream - fifteen minutes a day,
always at the same time.  The rest of the time, I chase away negative
thoughts. I continue the 15 min. sessions for as many days as I need.
Amazingly, after a few days, I have no more tears left and I start to feel a
bit silly because I need fewer and fewer minutes to think about myself and
my pain and my disability.  Life is good again - difficult but good.
Diane in Canada