Just a great job Jim. Thanks for everything....Cody in Austin, Texas
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jim Lubin
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; tmic-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 6:35 PM
  Subject: Re: [TMIC] 19 year TM Anniversary

    At 10:02 AM 5/18/2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
    As most others, when I was diagnosed with Transverse Myelitis, I had not
heard of it .  If it weren't for this access to others with TM I would surely
feel like the "Lone Ranger" in a negative way.

  When I came home from the hospital in 1990 and got back online, I searched
all the online services I was on (GEnie, Compuserve, Delphi) for any
information on Transverse Myelitis. I didn't find anything. When I first got
Internet access in 1991 using a friends university account, I found a few
message from people asking questions about it. I later got on Prodigy and AOL.
In 1994 I put together my "disAbility Resources and Information" web site
gathering whatever information I came across.

  I started emailing one person with TM. He thought it would be neat to have a
"Transverse Myelitis Internet Club" so we could communicate with others. When
my internet service (eskimo.com) made email list group an option I started one
for quadriplegic and one for vent-users. I started the tmic-list a few months
later and sent a message to the 10 or so people I had come across who had
mentioned or asked about transverse myelitis. That's how this list started.

  In 1997 I offered to make a web site for the Transverse Myelitis Association.
We still didn't have much information at that time but at least we had a way
people could find us.

  In 1998 I was picked by New Mobility magazine to be their "Person of the
Year". That was mostly because of the emails they received from people on the
tmic-list.

    You are an inspiration and a rebuke to me, one of the "walking wounded" who
still tends to complain of the fatigue, banding, etc. when I have not have the
misfortune of paralysis.  You no doubt have had to work hard to function as you
do.

  Actually, I have not had to work at all. The only things I can do for myself
is operate my wheelchair and my computer. Before I'm put into my wheelchair,
I'm just lying in bed. I can't even turn my head, so there is nothing I can
work at. Once my mom or nurse put me in my wheelchair I sit in front of my
computer all day.

  ----
  Jim Lubin
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]