Oh, Gilly, I don't think you upset anyone -- I think we've all  been having a
great conversation seeing things from both sides.

We have a relative like that, too -- it IS always about  her (in her mind),
no matter what else is going on with anyone else. When  someone in her family
had a serious illness, all she could say was maybe now he  understood how she
felt -- seemingly no sympathy or concern for him, just her  wanting more
sympathy for herself.

I think that is all we've all been saying, that sometimes  people don't
understand what we deal with (and I think you're right, it's  because we look
healthy -- or else as Todd said, they don't understand the  long-term nature of
it
and think we should be well again -- but that their aches  and pains are
valid, too.

As Jan said, no apologies needed. That's one thing this list  is for, venting
with people who understand.

Barbara H.
_http://barbarah.wordpress.com/_ (http://barbarah.wordpress.com/)

In a message dated 11/20/2008 5:21:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,