I just got off of the phone with Patti and she  seems to be doing quite well.
 I guess I have not been posting as  much as I thought, because she mentioned
not hearing from me  too.

Sorry everyone.  I guess that I am having a  minor "pity party" and don't
feel like other people care to hear about my  woes when they have troubles of
their own.

I can't imagine having TM the way I do and  trying to raise a family at the
same time.  Those of you with  children have a blessing and a burden at the
same time.  And I mean  that in the most loving way.  If Dave and I had
children,
with me  being paralyzed, our children would be sorely lacking in so many
ways.  Dave would have made a wonderful father, so patient and kind,  but I
don't know what I could have contributed.

I feel terribly guilty because I don't give Dave  all of the loving
appreciation he deserves as my husband.  But most  of the time I am in too much
pain to
feel like being intimate.  Am I  wrong?  Should I try harder?  Should I try
to hide the pain and  force myself?

Or, should I continue to smile when I can, tell  him how much I love and
appreciate him all of the time like I do, and try  to not worry about the other
things because as he says, "I am happy with  things just the way they are."
And
he means what he  says.

How many of you feel guilty about not being as  intimate as you used to be
before TM?  I live my life from a hospital  bed and am in bad pain all of the
time.  Along with the intense pain,  my abdomen feels like it is being squeezed
by a python or a super-tight  corset being pulled increasingly more and more
tight.  Plus I don't  feel especially sexy with an indwelling catheter.

The most Dave and I do together is watch a  movie.  We recently lost our 21
yr. old cat...one of our  "babies".  Her brother was buried in the spring so we
were lucky to  have Sadie as long as we did.  They were like our children
because we  couldn't have any of our own and Dave never wanted to adopt
although
I  would have loved any child, mine or otherwise.

How boring for me to go on this way.   Please accept my apology but I must
have needed to get it  out.

God's Love to you all...
Jude

In a message dated 11/24/2008 2:57:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,