I spent nine weeks in the hospital from Jan. to April in 1981.  I haven't heard
anyone
talking about a swollen belly. I was 235 with 42  waist when I got this.  When
in
the hospital I swelled so when discharged I was 205 with 60 inch waist.  It
stayed like that
for many weeks, and when it finally went down any nervous excitement would make
it blow up,
this went on for over 20 yrs. When it blew up the band of pain was sometimes
nearly
unbearable.
Ken in N.M.

Ken, to this day I still have a poofy tummy that I did not have before TM and
sometimes it is worse than others.  Each doctor I mentioned it to just shrugged
their shoulders so I didn't give it any more thought.  I'm glad you mentioned
it...Jeanne