This may seem like an odd question here at the beginning of  the summer,
but my husband and I were talking about job situations and long-term
possibilities and the like, and he made the comment that he never considered
moving
up North where there was a lot of snow because of my  situation.

It's true that when we do have snow and ice, which isn't too  often here in
SC, I pretty much am confined inside. I walk without a cane or  walker, but
my balance and footing aren't sure enough that I could walk where it  is
slippery.

Though I love him for taking that into account, I hate that he  is limited
in that way.

How DO some of you manage in wintry weather? Does just  sprinkling rock
salt on your driveway or front step help, or are there other  things you do to
cope, or do you just stay inside when it's slippery  out?

Barbara H.
_http://barbarah.wordpress.com/_ (http://barbarah.wordpress.com/)
fingertips.