I'm glad you have had such luck, but please,
don't deny my report by telling me that by asking it will happen!

I have so many stories of it NOT happening, making this place hell--- did you
follow my last one that I shared here?

I have been home for over a year, asking many people, many places, many times.
BOCES, the high schools ---  after quizzing me ten ways to Sunday-- nothing
Boy Scouts--- nothing!!!!

No one knows anyone who does anything---- shocking when so many people are
out of work, eh?

This is why I am working on starting a paratransit nonprofit, among other things.

Today I am meeting with the City Manager and someone from the police because I
have asked for over a year to have a handicapped parking sign placed in front of my home
so I can access it!!

Small town--- yeah they're meeting with me, but this is after they denied my request.

After the denial I began to keep track--- I have written about a dozen letters and
made no fewer than 30 phone calls.  It is endless and exhausting.

 > It was easier when i was rehabbing in the city... someone shoveled
 the front of the building and ...

I find being in a small town is easier. Try the community services- if not in the phone book, call the town office. During the school year call the High School Guidance person. I have a high school squad to shovel in the winter, mow in the summer, move objects around in the house, do minor plumbing and electrical jobs. I pay $15.00 per hour and if they do well will write a college reference letter for them.

If you ask, you will find lots of great people who want to help

Good Luck