From: Akua [mailto:a...@artfarm.com]
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 11:44 PM
To: bradebi; tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [TMIC] Managing in winter

I wish my wheelchair would go over grass, so i could go in my yard...
what kind of wheelchair do you have?

        I have these rubber "kleets" that pull onto your snow boots they
have metal spikes on the bottom..they are  very good and well made...I
haven't even got close to slipping with them.

        Also my wheel chair is "all terrain"  I am really impressed with
it..I can go threw dirt grass and snow...deep sand doesn't work well in
any chair I guess, but I was able to use my chair like a walker and I
got down to the water...Oh I live in Lake Tahoe California..and we get a
lot of snow too...I generally feel better in winter..as long as I don't
get cold..and if I get bone chilling cold it could take days to warm up
again..very painful.

        Debi