From: jharpe...@aol.com <jharpe...@aol.com>
Subject: [TMIC] Managing in winter
To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Date: Sunday, June 14, 2009, 11:40 PM

This may seem like an odd question here at the beginning of the summer, but my
husband and I were talking about job situations and long-term possibilities and
the like, and he made the comment that he never considered moving up North
where there was a lot of snow because of my situation.

It's true that when we do have snow and ice, which isn't too often here in SC,
I pretty much am confined inside. I walk without a cane or walker, but my
balance and footing aren't sure enough that I could walk where it is slippery.

Though I love him for taking that into account, I hate that he is limited in
that way.

How DO some of you manage in wintry weather? Does just sprinkling rock salt on
your driveway or front step help, or are there other things you do to cope, or
do you just stay inside when it's slippery out?

Barbara H.
http://barbarah.wordpress.com/

Download the AOL Classifieds Toolbar for local deals at your fingertips.