> It was easier when i was rehabbing in the city... someone shoveled
> the front of the building and ...

I find being in a small town is easier.  Try the community services- if not in
the phone book, call the town office.  During the school year call the High
School Guidance person.  I have a high school squad to shovel in the winter,
mow in the summer, move objects around in the house, do minor plumbing and
electrical jobs.  I pay $15.00 per hour and if they do well will write a
college reference letter for them.

If you ask, you will find lots of great people who want to help

Good Luck