Do any of u have pain n ur eyes?

-----Original Message-----
From: Catherine <camoa...@yahoo.com>

Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 12:47:01
To: Robert Pall<rp...@neillsupply.com>; Transverse Mylitis
Group<tmic-list@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: [TMIC] Medications

Good Luck Rob I wish you the best!!

________________________________
From: Robert Pall <rp...@neillsupply.com>
To: Tmic-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 2:40:07 PM
Subject: [TMIC] Medications

Medications
        I mentioned previously that I visited Dr. Kerr on 7/1/09 and we decided
to adjust my meds. Presently for the most part I take 2 meds for the banding,
pins & needles and numbness. They are 4-Aminopyridine and Lyrica. I was taking
the 4-aminopyridine (a Potassium channel blocker) twice a day (20 mgs each)…I
have been taking this medicine for approx. 8 years…..2 weeks ago I cut my
dosage in half and starting tomorrow I will cease taking this med…so far I have
not noticed any changes resulting in the lower dose and I will keep you
informed as to any changes I experience going off this med completely. I also
take 150 mg of Lyrica 3x per day. Starting today I will cut this down to twice
a day for 2 weeks and then once a day for 2 weeks before stopping it
altogether. Hopefully I will notice little or no change getting off this
medication which I have been on for more than 4 years.
        Assuming no problems getting off the Lyrica..Dr. Kerr will prescribe a
new med for the banding (don't ask me the name…I promise to let you know)…he
also said he could prescribe a new med to help with my constant fatigue (again
don't ask me the name).
        As per his advice I am now swimming for an hour at least 3 times a
week..it is not doing much for the TM but it is getting  my body in better
shape. Having had TM for almost 12 years my dreams of a cure seem more and more
distant..so I therefore vow to try and keep my body as healthy as possible and
deal with the pain and discomfort as much as medicine can help me.
        I will keep the group informed as to the weaning off of my current meds
and any new meds I begin to take!
All the best!
Rob in New Jersey