Hang in there, Mindy.      Sounds like you can still improve!
Janice
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Lawrence King
  To: tmic-list@eskimo.com ; fr...@franksheldon.com
  Cc: Lawrence King
  Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2009 11:51 AM
  Subject: Re: [TMIC] TM

  Whoa there!
  your statement regarding true TM and Paralysis is incorrect!  Acute TM means
damage is done in a matter of hours or days.  Sub-acute TM means damage over
weeks.  The information my Neuro gave me at the time of diagnosis stated that
the rate of paralysis from TM was 50/50 I suffered sub-acute TM at C4-C5 in the
spring of 2007.  The MRI's and Spinal Tap analysis were pretty conclusive that
I had TM.   My leg weakness was very small and passed within a matter of hours,
 I was never incapacitated.  My bladder difficulties (I could always pee with
effort) passed in the first 6 months.   Body and hand weakness took more than a
year.  My worst symptom was and continues to be acute pain (Central Pain
Syndrome) from the shoulders down.  My suffering led to a contemplation of
suicide.  Those of us who fall into the "CPS only" sufferers are a small
minority among TM survivors but as a whole our prognosis for recovery is poor.
The good news is that my only major improvement in pain has come after my 2nd
anniversary.

  Mindy the Artisan