All TM'ers,
I came across this cake recipe containing prunes.   It is for real, and I know
some that have made it and really
liked it.   If you want to try it, here it is:

1/2 cup veg. oil
  Preheat oven 375 degrees
1 1/2 cups sugar
Grease & flour 9x13 inch pan, set aside
3 large eggs
     Mix all ingredients in order given & blend well
1 cup buttermilk
 Pour into prepared pan
1 tsp vanilla
      Bake for 35-45 minutes or til cake springs back
1 tsp allspice
      when pressed in the center
1 tsp nutmeg
    Remove from oven.  Pour sauce over cake immediately
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups flour
1 cup mashed prunes
1 cup chopped nuts - optional

The Sauce:
   1 cup sugar
   1/2 cup buttermilk
   1/2 tsp baking soda
   1 tsp light corn syrup or honey
   1/2 cup butter

Combine all ingredients in large saucepan
Cook til butter is melted.  Boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly
Pour over cake as soon as it comes out of oven

                          Hopes this helps, Janice