I take Melatonin faithfully each evening and suspect it has no effect, but I
have a wife.

I must take zolpidem (Ambien) to sleep, but each pill or fraction thereof is
good for sixty to ninety minutes, at the very most 1600.   So each pill is
quartered, and I set off for a night of pill, doze, awake, pill doze awake etc
until morning. (Thank God I'm retired.)

Alton