From: Rev. Craig Crossman
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 3:29 PM
To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: [TMIC] Neurologist visit

Finally had my first appointment with new neurologist.

The good news (according to her) is that while my TM will be with me the rest
of my life, it will not get progressively worse because she says TM is not a
degenerative disease. The TM can keep you from being as active as you should be
so over time many people with TM lose a lot of strength and function. That has
happened to me.

            The bad news is that I do have a type of neuropathy which will get
progressively worse and there is really nothing to be done with it except
control the symptoms.

            Bottom line according to her? I will probably not live until I am
90, and as time goes by I will have less and less neural control over my
extremities. So my neurologist has started me on some meds she says I should
have been on all along but I should also stay on the ones I am on currently.
The mixture of all these different drugs might be interesting. Who knows, some
Sunday morning I may show up in the pulpit wearing a pink tutu and a glittery
tiara.

            The drugs I currently take are hydrocodone, Tramadol, and
Amitriptyline. She has added gabapentin 300mg and Ropinirole 0.5mg. If anyone
has anything they think I should know about these last two meds, I would
appreciate it.

            BTW, she said she was already aware of, and read up on, TM.

Rev. Craig Crossman

First Baptist Church

615 W. Webster St.

Colby, KS 67701