From: Akua
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2011 11:39 PM
To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [TMIC] shingles vaccine

AGreed!
And my TM struck twice -- I walked away the first time  after a long weekend in
the hospital and the second time -- a month later -- i was knocked down. I
suspect that  the steroids left me open to
greater attack from the unidentified underlying cause.

  I had a very, very mild case of TM but it persisted. Stupidly I did not go to
the doctor immediately but waited for weeks and weeks. I was asked the same
questions...vaccines, bug bites...this was before I was actually diagnosed with
TM. I was also rather surprised that my neurologist actually asked me if it was
possible that someone could be poisoning me. That was a bit freaky to be asked
that. Ultimately it was concluded that mine was also idiopathic. The months
prior to my coming down with it I suffered a long bout of Bronchitis, followed
by a miscarriage which was followed by a tooth problem that I ended up getting
a root canal on. Who knows if any of that contributed to it.
  Anyway, as far as a shingles vaccine? I personally would not get one. I never
get the flu shot either or the pneumonia. No thanks. That being said, I would
really, really hate to come down with Shingles. Yikes!