Janice,

Mine started with severe pain down neck and into shoulder - my problem was at
C2.  This pain came and went over the next few days as numbness and paralysis
crept through my body.  I think the pain disappeared after 3 days' intense
steroid treatment.  It was a little later, while still in hospital, that I
became aware of the banding.  I remember I told the neurologist it felt like
bands of steel gripping me under the skin.  Nothing like the original pain.
Thankfully, that pain has never returned but the banding remains constant four
years later.

Iris UK

Sent from my iPad