>Well I am not willing to change somethings that works!
>APR is using SCANDOC. SCANDOC uses PERL and does not mean
>extra porting work for
>me.

Even on my Linux Redhat box, it's not an easy task to
install doxygen.

The RPM found around are against libstdc++ 2.96
and qt-devel 2.1 (+/- Redhat 7.1)

When I want to rebuild it under my Redhat 6.2 box,
I've got to install latext, and next go problems
with a required ginstall (in doxygen 1.2.8.1).

May be just to complex for our use.

>Changing to DOXYGEN sounds bad for me because:
>- It is written C it have to will to port to the platfroms we
>want to support.
>(And that work does not looks easy).
>- Why changing a tool that works fine?
>- Why using a different documentation tool in each ASF project?

+1

>I would more happy using a JAVA written tool than a C/C++ one.

++1