Shapira, Yoav wrote:
One area to keep in mind there is performance.  There's no argument on
the utility of JMX at all.  I also think most of the performance hit
would be at initialization (and shutdown), as you're
creating/naming/binding JMX operations/attributes.  This is better than
having a performance hit in the request processing pipeline, so we're
OK, but it's nonetheless something to keep in mind as we're adding JMX
instrumentation all over the place.

AFAIK, the performance hit would be minimal (JBoss runs ok to me, so JMX seems fast enough overall). It's an issue of cleaning the code, so it's not useful by itself. I think Costin wanted to do that migration to full JMX (we're a bit too much middle ground, and all those listener interfaces are definitely not trendy these days ;) ).

Another thing is that we might want to write the next Tomcat for JDK

1.5.

Anything specific in JDK 1.5?  We already spoke a bit about NIO in some
form, but that's JDK 1.4.

Annotations :) (I saw EJB 3)
I have to assume we're going to have some annotations defined in the spec, hence the requirement for JDK 1.5. Of course, this is speculation on this point.

Rémy