Area of our website.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Sincerely,

Customer Support at www.ballystore.com

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

Remy Maucherat wrote:

>>> Another thing is that we might want to write the next Tomcat for JDK
>>

>> 1.5.
>>
>> Anything specific in JDK 1.5?  We already spoke a bit about NIO in
some
>> form, but that's JDK 1.4.
>

> Annotations :) (I saw EJB 3)
> I have to assume we're going to have some annotations defined in the
> spec, hence the requirement for JDK 1.5. Of course, this is
> speculation on this point.
>
> Rémy

IMHO, 1.5 would be the right way to go. For me mostly for performance,
and cleaner code reasons (generics, auto-boxing, enums, etc.).
However, from what i remember from reading about NIO, it can enable much

fewer threads to handle the same amount of requests. I was left with the

impression that it could improve performance, although i also remember
that members of this list wasn't convinced from the beginning. I'd
appreciate any feedback on why NIO is not a good idea.
2 cents from the little guy...
Thanks,
Reshat.