Mladen Turk wrote:

Henri Gomez wrote:

Well, I can extract the apache's logging functions in file

that will

use stdout/stderr, so we'll have the same api.
The file will get complied together with test case, so

there will be

no need to change something in the core of lib, and we

willl not need

anything pluggable :).
The only difference would be:

#ifdef AJP_TEST_CASE
#include "httpd_wrapper.h"
#else
... Include the real apache headers
#endif

Think that other needed ap_xxx api calls can be written in the same way, finaly having something like 'dummy apache2 API lib'

for testing

from command line.
If we need a request_rec struct for example, we'll make our own surrogate and fill it only with the needed struct elements, etc...

I could start with assumption we have ajp_log(xxxx) function in the lib like this ?

ajp_log(ajp_env_t * env, int loglevel, char * fmt, ...) ?

No, use the exactly the same API as Apache2 logging.

ap_log_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_INFO, rv, server,
"whatever message"); I'll rewrite the logging using simple fprintf to stdio/stderr, preserving
actual API, so we don't need the wrapers.

And, since we don't have a server_rec stucture I'll make a dummy one in
httpd_wrapper.h
Think it would ease a lot.

I'll have something later today (httpd_wrapper.h and httpd_wrapper.c)
offering a apache2 API to console apps, mimicking libhttpd (only what's
needed).

You can work in the meantime on build infrastructure.
I prefer not having a actual lib produced, cause it will have to fit in one
or two files. We can for start make couple of them, and later merge them
into a single file, that will accompany the proxy_ajp.c.

Well we should make room on jtc to host ajplib/mod_ajp/ajp_proxy.

What about creating in jtc root :

ajp
ajp/ajplib
ajp/mod_ajp