Thanks for the reply.

> Tomcat is a servlet (and jsp) container. Thats it, nothing else. Zippo.

Understood. Although Tomcat seems to be more robust than Apache in tracking
sessions and saving state, which is what App Servers did in the past.

> JBoss is a full J2EE server which offers all the J2EE services

To help drive the point home, can someone please give a few more examples of
"J2EE services"?

I swear, I've looked through all the Sun App server and Jboss literature and
there is very little about what one might do with them.

Finally, the Jakarta project seems so robust, why is there no Jakarta
equivalent? Or is there?

Thanks again.