Two words man: full J2EE ;-)

Dnia 12/21/2003 09:32 PM, Uz.ytkownik Michael Coughlan napisa?:
This might seem like an embarrassing question (or a poor post for the
Tomcat-user list), but why would a developer want to download JBoss with
Tomcat bundled instead of Tomcat alone?

Does the Jakarta project have a competing open-source appsever product?

I understand why someone would need an application server for Apache, but
isn't Tomcat prepared to track sessions, manage DB connection objects with
JDBC, etc? Does JBoss provide standard code for "Shopping Carts"? What does
it offer that Tomcat does not?

I'm sure there is a good reason for App Servers. If someone can clue me in
as to the limits of Tomcat and the common uses of an App Server, I would
appreciate it.

The only decent Documentation for JBoss is for sale. Their site was not very
informative. I don't know if I trust their POV anyway.

In the mealtime, I've got the JBoss installer tar to try out and no manual.

Thanks,
MPC