Denise Mangano wrote, On 3/25/2004 8:04 AM:

If the form data is not valid it calls Retry.jsp which I have tried two ways: 1) <input type="hidden" name="serialNumber" value="<%=formValidator.getSerialNumber()%>"> 2) <input type="hidden" name="serialNumber" value="123456789">

If the form data is completely valid then Verify.jsp is called.
Verify.jsp just retrieves the form data (not the serialNumber) and
displays it to the user.  Nothing can be changed on this screen and when
the user clicks submit the data is taken from the instance of
Validator.java and sent of for processing.  The user does have the
option to go back and make changes which brings them to the previous
page.

One thing to note.  On Retry.jsp up until yesterday I had the first way
in the jsp page.  I changed this yesterday to make sure it was hard
coded from all possible change points and so far since then no
transactions have crossed over - but it is still a little too early to
tell since these "crossings" were random and not happening everyday.

I would guess that your formValidator class com.beans.clients.Validator may have some issues based on the behavior you've described.

-Dave