Shapira, Yoav wrote:

Hi,
Oh, this reminds me to have a vote on the stability of 5.0.25!

You never answered the key question of whether your session attributes
are Serializable or not: that's a binary question, should be easy to
determine ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

Hi !

Yes, sorry, I forgot.

I think for the most part the answer is no, however for these apps I'm not worried about maintaining data over a shutdown-startup of the server nor am I running in a cluster. The interesting thing is that on Windows (Win2K to be exact) every hit to Tomcat seems to start a new session!

I'm making a set of tests that will eventually work up to the actions that the application does to maintain session data. And, yes, I will be making the session objects serializable just to avoid future problems...

For your enjoyment here is the same test app on two machines, my Win2K laptop and a Linux (Fedora Core 1) server. On Windows it is 5.0.25-alpha (previously 5.0.24) and on Linux it is 5.0.24 (out-of-the-box with no patches applied). I _think_ I have the external url correct.

Linux http://ontarioshoots.ath.cx:8080/TC5test/
Windows http://ontarioshoots.ath.cx:8088/TC5test/

If you would like the .war file that it is deployed from just let me know...

Mike