setAttribute("ml",null); is the same as
removeAttribute("ml");

just an fyi :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Souther" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 10:24 AM
Subject: Re: session data in Tomcat 5

On Thursday 20 May 2004 10:15 am, Shapira, Yoav wrote:
> >in starting jsp 1
> >  session.setAttribute("ml",ml);
> >

> >in target jsp 2
> >  MyPackage.MyClass ml = (MyPackage.MyClass)session.getAttribute("ml");
> >  System.out.println("ml = "+ml);
> >

> >then in the log I see...
> >

> >   ml = null

You didn't include it in your code snippet so I have to ask:  are you sure
that the "ml" object wasn't null before you called setAttribute?

Also, are you testing this with the same browser that you were using with the
4x version of Tomcat (that was working)?
I'm asking because this looks like a case of MSIE not storing session cookies
properly.  (IOW: every hit to the server is generating it's own session).