> From: Donald Brewer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat 3 will not load on Windows 98
>
> 1.3.1 JDK:
>
> This release of the J2EE SDK is available for the following platforms:

You don't want to download the Sun J2EE package - Tomcat supplies its own, and having
both on your system at the same time can lead to some "interesting" events.

You should be able to download and install the 1.4.2 J2SDK and the current Tomcat
(5.0.27, ZIP version) on Win98 without any problems. Both work fine on my recently
resurrected Win98SE box. You do have to modify the .bat files, since they work only on
NT and above, and you can't run it as a service. I used the following:

set CATALINA_HOME=E:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27
set JAVA_HOME=C:\j2sdk1.4.2_04
java -cp %CATALINA_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=%CATALINA_HOME%\common\endorsed -Dcatalina.base=%CATALINA_HOME%
-Dcatalina.home=%CATALINA_HOME% -Djava.io.tmpdir=%CATALINA_HOME%\temp
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

(The above is really only 3 lines - no telling how the various mailers are going to
mess it up.)

 - Chuck

THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY MATERIAL and
is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.