> From: Donald Brewer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat 3 will not load on Windows 98
>
> Well, i am back at it this morning. As far as I can tell, the
> jdk from sun is for developers, the javasoft jre is a public
> runtime engine.

I don't think there is such a thing as "javasoft" anymore. Just where are you getting
your downloads from? (Exact URL, please.)

> Are we SURE that JDK1.4 is windows 98 compatable???? I am
> dumping it and downloading the JDK1.3.1. Wish me luck.

Yes, 1.4.2 downloads and installs cleanly on Win98SE (don't know about the original
Win98) on my old AMD K6 box with 128MB.

 - Chuck

THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY MATERIAL and
is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.