Yoav said (re: context.xml files):
> They're a TC-only feature.  Other containers go about it different ways.
and:
> Context.xml files are NOT designed to increase portability at all.
> They're a convenience feature.  In fact, they're a sinkhole for
> beginners to REDUCE their portability in favor of short-term
> convenience.  That's why I don't like them.

OK, got all that.  But now I've thought it all through again, it's not clear
what the "right" way to do it is.  In other words how should I look to
configure <Resource> and/or <Context> elements so that I can move beyond
"beginner" ?  ;)

All the alternative ways of configuring a webapp <Resource> seem to have
something against them from the point of view of portability, since they all
use server.xml or context.xml, which as I understand it are both
TC-proprietary.  I note that the TC docs currently recommend using
context.xml within either the conf folder or the warfile, rather than
including <Context> within the server.xml itself, but both of these
recommened approaches seem to be non-portable to other containers....?