Yoo,

Yes switch to jk2 is faster!

set parameters in OPT_CATALINA with -server Xmx=? and Xms=?

Sorry values depend on your available memory on the server, parameters
could be different with your version, check or google for correct parameters,
should improve performance...

Another option could be your code, have a good look at it and try to optimize...

Greetings O.