Tomcat is a jsp/servlet container wheras the Apache is a full fledged
web server. It is always good to have a robust webserver as the front
door to your site.

thanks

ashish

                    Chad Wray

                    <nebwray@yaho        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    o.com>               cc:

                                         Subject:     Tomcat standalone vs Tomcat w/
Apache
                    07/30/2001

                    05:04 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    tomcat-user

Are there any advantages running Tomcat with Apache
versus running Tomcat standalone and listening on port
80.  I am running only *.jsp files on my webserver.

Thanks in advance.

-- Chad Wray